Brr...it's cold outside. But in my cool RLX floppy hat and a neck gaiter, I was happy nice and warm...warm enough to ride my bike out in the 10 degree weather that we have.
So I have the longest driveway known to man...it runs the length of my property, so we are looking at around a driveway that is 130 feet in length, about 10' in width for about 80 feet and then the last 50 feet it widens out to 30'. So every time it snows? I get bitter. It takes 2 people approximately 1/2 hour to shovel the driveway. if i were doing it myself, it would take at least an hour and after that I'm exhausted.
So when I hear that there is another 3" of snow coming tonight? I get bitter.
I did realize while I was shoveling (you have a lot of time to think while you are mindlessly throwing around white stuff) that I have become to self-reliant. To the point of ridiculousness. I was shoveling the snow when I saw that my roommate was home.. I was annoyed that he didn't shovel the driveway, then realized why should I be annoyed he didn't shovel? it's my house after all. But it was hard when I was shoveling after I got home from work at 7pm and he had been inside the whole day. Then he saw me, came out and helped and I realized that if I had just asked him for help, he would have gladly helped out. Go figure. Here I am getting bitter that no one is here to help me. (poor josh, woe is me, blah blah blah) when the real reason for that was because I didn't want to ask for help. Why do I have this intense dislike for asking for help? pride is my thinking...I need to let go of this pride...
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment