On the train last night, I was reading my book, "Three Cups of Tea" about Greg Mortenson who had a mission to build schools for those living under the shadow of K2. It's inspirational because Mortenson was 36 when he started this. At 35, I believe that I have missed out on most of my chances to make an impact. Yes, God is pointing me to taiwan and I don't know what is going to happen then, but I can't help but feel this sense of "I've wasted it! I've wasted my life!"
I could be putting too much pressure on myself. I could have expectations that I can't realistically hope to meet. But man, I have a ambition for God to do something great for Him. But like my pastor has said recently, "People want the success, but they aren't willing to go through the sacrifice." How true for me. If I would be willing to sacrifice, I could be doing something great for God. But there is that part of me that doesn't and craves the comfort that a steady job with good money brings. That'll all change in 2008 I believe as God continues to break my heart and reform my heart to be more like His.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment