Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stop Thinking about everything! Just think about Everything.

People have commented to me that I never stop thinking about everything. that I'm always thinking about issues, creating these theories and such. I never really thought about how much I think, but I always thought everyone else thought as much as I do, because can you really stop thinking? I know I can't. at least not for a few seconds. I invariably start thinking about other issues and other "unresolved loops" in my brain. My brain pretty much goes like this: "Should I do the quarter rounds in my house? maybe I should get Dave to do it for me and pay him. I wonder if the bathroom fan is holding up. I should check the roof to make sure there aren't any leaks. If so, am I going to have to replace the roof? do I have enough money saved up for that? how much should I be saving. why does it seem that I worry about money all the time? I make enough. How am I going to go on a snowboarding trip in feburary with the vacation AND afford to go to Taiwan. I should focus on taiwan and not go on this snowboarding trip. But how cool would it be to have a Connect snowboarding trip up to some place in wisconsin?"

tired yet? I know, it's freaky and stressful. But like anything I think you just get used to it.

But more so, I am struck with the verse in philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

These are the things that I need to be dwelling upon, not letting the daily thoughts of the mundane invade my mind. I'm learning to let those thoughts go and pass, and hold onto the thoughts that I get while reading the Word in the morning. Like this morning. I read Romans 16. Here Pheobe is the one privileged to carry one of the most important letters in all of Christianity and what is her story? She's a patron of paul. What does that mean? It means that she supported paul and other ministers in the gospel. It makes me think how little I am supporting the ministries in a financial way and I need to re-evaluate my giving and see where I can give up to give to ministries.

One more thought that I had is that this song has really been ministering to me, because I know I tend to blow things out of proportion. But here, I know I can never blow God out of proportion, as He should be everything to me. I pray for this and yearn for this.

Everything by Tim Hughes

God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping
God in my resting
There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking

Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything

God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting
God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything

You are everything
Jesus, Everything

No comments: