YANP. So I'm always discovering how narcissistic I am. This could be a reason for me to get married and have children, as then I wouldn't be so selfish....
I was thinking about...who else...but in a different way. I was thinking about how much I demanded from her, her time and such, and I realize that I myself couldn't handle what I was demanding of her in terms of time and talking and such. the point in case is this week.
every night of the week, I had something to do. monday I was studying, tuesday I had small group, wed i went out to dinner with scott, thursday I had dinner with my mom, friday I have a party to go to, saturday I have a company party to go to AND a service project and sunday I have family dinner.
ugh. why? for 7 days straight I do not have a night on my own. I have sunday afternoon to detox but that's about it. true, a number of the things that I have on my schedule aren't really bad things (parties with friends etc, etc) but I realize I do value the time that I have alone to sit and just do nothing...something about having a sabbath I guess.
I know that in the coming weeks I'm going to have much more to do, especially in january as I have my 2 moody classes that are starting up. so come jan and feb, I'm not going to have a lot of free time to go around and chill. I better get in my relaxing now! :)
I am reading john piper's "don't waste your life" and he makes a point that work is GOOD. In fact, that work was still around even before the fall of man, it's just now work is not as fulfilling that we are now stressing and struggling with work in order to get the desired outcome. Made me think about my whole 'idle' stretch of laziness....
Friday, December 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment