Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Scrooge

So I think I'm a scrooge. I realized this holiday, more so than other holiday's I really didn't have any type of Christmas spirit. No special thoughts about Christmas, Christ's Birth, special contemplations on the significance of this event, etc, etc. The most pressing thing to me? Getting my house clean and all the little projects around the house. The most satisfying event of the Christmas Season? Besides seeing the kids open up their presents? That I installed 2 door sweeps on the front and back door along with weatherstripping along the bottom of the windows. How sad is that?

I was talking to my roommate about this, and he thought along the same lines, that Christmas is not some kind of external event that is automatically going to lift you up and make you think about Christ's birth, but that it only affords you the opportunity to. If you choose not to take that opportunity to contemplate Christ's Birth that the opportunity will pass you by and you'll be the same as before. It's not as if the door is closed and the way is shut. I resolve to start doing that for the holiday's. In 2008, I won't be a scrooge, not only with Christmas, but Easter, Thanksgiving, etc, etc.

No comments: